Mental Health Coaching
Mental health coaching, as described in my book, Healing From Depression: 12 Steps to a Better Mood, I state that an essential tool in recovering from depression is having a “recovery partner” or “recovery coach.” This is someone who can guide you through the book and can help you to achieve the goal of depression recovery.
If you are seeking such a person, I would like to serve as your mental health recovery coach. Together, we will read though each of the chapters of the book. You will fill out the exercises at the end of the chapter and email them to me. Then, I will go over the answers with you during our weekly phone session.
The Benefits from Mental Health Coaching.
- You will learn how to create a vision statement of wellness where you create a picture of what your life would look like if you were whole and well.
- You will learn how to use social support to enhance your well being.
- You will learn about the importance of exercise in diminishing the symptoms of your anxiety and depression.
- You will learn the best foods to eat for developing a healthy brain and a positive mood.
- You will learn how to decrease your negative self-talk and to speak more positively about yourself.
- You will learn the role of structure in achieving a better mod..
- You will receive a list of pleasant activities that you can incorporate into your daily lif.
- You will learn the role that spirituality can play in your healing.
My mental health coaching program lasts 12 weeks and follows the recovery program that is outlined in the book Healing From Depression. We would communicate by phone, FaceTime, Whats App or Skype.
If you would like to try this program out the coaching application form below. The initial phone evaluation is free.
If you have any questions about the program that have not been answered on this page, please contact me by email (email@example.com) or by phone (503-544-9248). I look forward to working with you.
Douglas Bloch, M.A.